WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Canadian Montgomery dial question marked "N.F. Babb, Stratford, Ontario"
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Canadian Montgomery dial question marked "N.F. Babb, Stratford, Ontario" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1110
posted
I was wondering if anyone would have any info on a Canadian jeweler, N.F. Babb, Stratford, Ontario.I just found a nice looking 24HR Waltham 16s '99-'08 Montgomery dial with that name on it.I assume he must have been a CPR inspector, I searched the name on the web, and a couple of other railroad watches with his dials were sold on an auction, that's all I found.Is there a list of Canadian RR watch inspectors out there? Thanks, Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Ted, best I could find.

N. F. Babb about 1/2 way down.

Historic Properties 1st. paragraph.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1110
posted
Thank you Lorne!Seems like Mr. Babb had a lot going on.It doesn't mention in those articles whether or not he was a RR watch inspector.The other watches I saw with his named dials were RR watches for sure, one was an 18s Elgin No. 349, I forgot what the other one was.I really like these Canadian dials.I'll probably use the dial on a 21J 645, that would be a good home for it.Thanks again, Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008